There are a number of ways in which heat exchangers can be cleaned and condenser tubes and coils are eliminated of rigid and foulant deposits. Industrial cleaning companies offer various heat exchanger treatment methods that are effective and also keep the environment safe and sound. Foulant deposits from heat exchanger coils and tubes can be removed using water, chemical solutions, and other advanced technological techniques such as FINFOAM. However, for a large number of industrial applications, chemical cleaning of heat exchangers has proven to be the most effective and safest option.
Industrial chemical cleaning techniques make use of chemicals and compounds such as mineral acids, which can later be followed with the use of high-pressure water or steam to remove degraded or broken inorganic salt scales. Advancements have taken place in the chemical solutions and compounds that can mold cleaning methods to specifically cater to industrial requirements and make further cleaning procedures easier and quicker. Today, specialized chemical mixtures have been developed to suppress foaming or enhance foaming, negate emulsion formation or create nearly unbreakable emulsions, remove scales without the use of acidic liquids, make fluids non-viscous or make them thick. Every cleaning requirement can be met with great ease through industrial chemical cleaning solutions.
Operations performed for chemical cleaning of heat exchangers are done in such a way that does not harm or pollute the environment in any manner. In a conductive way, industrial chemical cleaning reduces the pollution on air, water and soil at work sites.
Things to remember while hiring experts for industrial chemical cleaning-
- In order to prepare the right chemical compounds and mixtures to clean your exchanger coils and tubes, experts will first evaluate petroleum-processing or chemical-manufacturing foulant deposits in the heat exchangers. A sample is collected and sent to the laboratory to be investigated for professionals to prepare the right chemical solutions. During this stage, it is extremely important to hire professionals with adequate knowledge of the industrial chemical cleaning process. This is because only experts can understand the nature of the debris that has been collected and select the appropriate products that go in the chemical mixture/compound. Even in the absence of samples, an expert with the understanding of chemical cleaning requirements can prepare the right compound for effective cleaning.
- Different kinds of chemical solutions are prepared and used for organic and inorganic deposits in heat exchanger coils and tubes. Inorganic deposits can be removed using acid-based solutions whereas organic deposits can be treated with basic or alkaline chemical solutions. Tars and polymer deposits can be cleaned using emulsifying agents with an aromatic solution. such varied chemical treatments for diver industrial applications help businesses find the best solution for chemical cleaning of heat exchangers that are not only effective but also saves time and keeps the environment protected.
- While cleaning large and heavy equipment might seem difficult, industrial chemical cleaning operations can also be carried out in ‘situ’ or mobile facilities. This is specifically for equipment that is too large or heavy to be moved. Mobile facilities can be used to ensure the best circulation of chemical solutions throughout the equipment. For example, for towers, steam is usually the mobile carrier that is used to circulate chemical solutions. This process is also known as steam-phase cleaning. Alternatively, the equipment can also be immersed in the chemical cleaning solution, however, this is only used to clean small parts or for equipment that cannot be cleaned in ‘situ’.
- It is also possible to do an off-stream chemical cleaning of heat exchangers by having the heating bundles cut out, removed to a cleaning yard and treated with high-pressure water blasters. This industrial chemical cleaning method comes to great use to clean banks of heat exchangers. If you wish to do an on-stream chemical cleaning, you must do so with careful consideration as the cleaning agents may end up contaminating the entire system due to unsuitable temperatures during the process.
- The reasons why specialized industrial chemical cleaning techniques are becoming widely popular is due to its improved effectiveness in reducing the chances of equipment breakdown and unit shutdowns. The equipment can be kept contamination-free for a long period of time once cleaned and treated with chemical solutions. Presence of hazardous materials in vessels, piping, and auxiliary equipment is the main reason for unit shutdowns, and this is exactly what is avoided with an effective cleaning process.
- To improve production capabilities of process equipment and industrial machinery, cleaning heat exchangers can ensure that the fouling debris from coils and tubes is removed thoroughly as the same impacts production capacities if not treated. Improve industrial productivity and output helps in improved business revenue generation.
- Oil refinery equipment with residual bulk hydrocarbons and hydrocarbon films and sludges can also be cleaned with specialized industrial chemical cleaning agents. This is considered as the safest option because chemical cleaning agents not only safely decontaminate a vessel but also allows for enhanced resource recovery of large amounts of valuable hydrocarbon streams for re-insertion into the oil refinery process. This reduces a considerable amount of time and money in disposing of waste and hazardous hydrocarbon materials after the cleaning has been completed.
Research and studies have shown that chemical cleaning for heat exchangers can reduce the time required during shutdowns by 50% or more. The time saved and the resultant increase in plant availability can often more than offset the costs of chemical cleaning.
Thus, hiring professionals for effective industrial chemical cleaning services can keep your heat exchangers functioning and running for a long time. Exchangers support a variety of industrial applications and therefore, maintaining an exchanger’s coils and tubes are highly important to reduce unit shutdowns and equipment breakdowns.